Monday, July 8, 2013

Our Liebster Award

Last week, we received our first blogger award from a fellow blogger and dear friend, Cassie, at  Fooding and Friending Too. We are still new to the whole blog world, so we had to figure out what it all meant. Turns out this award isn't just any blog award, it is meant for relatively new blogs, that are small (less then 200 followers). The thing that makes this award really unique, is that you have to be nominated by a fellow blogger (i.e. Cassie). We always knew Cassie had great taste (winky face)! The person that nominates you poses several questions to you. Then, you have to answer the questions AND nominate another blog. It is kind of like paying it forward and a great way to recognize other blogs.



Here are Cassie's ten questions:

1. What's the best book you've read of late?  
Marion: I'm embarrassed to name off the most recent books I have read (Hunger Games trilogy and 50 Shades of Grey), but I did just start Gone Girl and so far so good. 
Leslie: Embarrassed to admit like Marion, I just started Gone Girl (a little late I know). BUT I started it yesterday and have almost finished it. So if you've been a slacker like me, go and get it.

2. Ideal vacation spot?  
Marion: Anywhere in Italy.
Leslie: Cayo Espanto, a little island off Belize where we went on our honeymoon. We were able to lounge and snorkel, go spear fishing, hike, etc. so it was a nice mixture of activity and relaxation. Not to mention the food and service was amazing.

3. Fave cocktail?  
Marion: I love a good margarita from Taco Boy, but my go to cocktail is a glass of Pinot Grigio. 
Leslie: Vodka, soda, pineapple and lime. Seems like a mouthful I know, but try it I swear you'll love it!

4. Silver or gold?  
Marion: Gold
Leslie: Gold

5. Dawson or Pacey? 
Marion: Who, what??? Eek, growing up I rarely watched TV. I'm not kidding, I Just bought my first TV in November. 
Leslie: Dawson


6. Fave online shopping spots?  

Marion: I love browsing Etsy, but probably shop the most at Restoration Hardware, Anthropologie, Company Store and Fish's Eddy
Leslie: The home decor stores that I visit daily are: Wisteria, Lulu and GeorgiaZinc Door , and of course Furbish.


7.  What's your favorite room in your house?  Why? 

Marion: I love our kitchen. It is where we hang out the most. It has great natural light. It is also the room that we have done the most work to, so it's a great representation of my personal style.
Leslie: I would have to say my screened porch. I love being out there with a cup of coffee glass of wine. On the weekend we get to enjoy the music from the Lowndes Grove, a wedding venue down the street from our house.

8. What was your first CD?  
Marion: The Verve..."'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony."
Leslie: I think it was Alanis Morrisette??


9.  Where is your heaven on earth?  

Marion: Lanikai Beach in Hawaii is sooo peaceful and one of the most beautiful spots in the world.
Leslie: The Waccamaw River in Pawley's Island, SC. Every time we get on the boat and cruise you seem to forget everything you had on your mind. Now that is relaxing!

10. What are your summer essentials?
Marion: One word...sunscreen! As far as summer essentials for the home....a well stocked bar and large ceramic platters for throwing together appetizers for a crowd. 
Leslie: For entertaining: bright cocktail napkins, lots of fresh flowers, and paper straws (make any drink better). In my bag: SPF lip balm, a La Croix, and a hat.


So there you have it...now it is our turn to nominate a Liebster worthy blog (drum roll).... Kate and Kelly at Baubles and Cocktails. Kate and Kelly are sisters and blog together (which we love). They write about life, fashion, entertaining and the occasional wedding inspiration. Here are our questions for the gals at Baubles and Cocktails:

1. What is your favorite travel destination in the United States? 2. What is your favorite nail polish color? 3. Dressy or Casual?  4. If you could meet anyone in the world who would it be? And Why?
5. What is your favorite lunch spot? 6. What is the one thing you couldn't live without? 7. Beach or Mountains? 8. Are you a morning or night person? 9. Sweet or salty? 10. What is your perfect summer day?

1 comment: