1. Something Living: An orchid or any plant will work! It adds height to your table.
2. Conversation Piece: Everyone has an object laying around the house that will work for this; if not, find some here.
3. Pile of Books: Gather 3-4 hardback books and pile them together. Then, place your conversation piece on the pile of books.
4. Tray: A tray tends to gather the clutter that can accumulate on the coffee table, find it here.
5. Candle(s): This is the fun part, you can experiment with several candles and also the height of the candles. Try several grouped together or find one that has a great scent.
6. Matches: A box of matches should always be close by in the living room. So, why not find a fun box or even a collection of matchbooks to display on the coffee table.